In-Person Research at Port Hope Archives
The Port Hope Archives has reopened for in-person research visits. Here's what we're doing to ensure your visit is as safe as possible:
- Staff will conduct a collection search for you in advance of your appointment and bring out all the materials they find on your topic
- Every visitor will fill out a mandatory covid screening questionnaire on arrival
- Only 1 visitor allowed per appointment
- All materials handled by researchers will be quarantined for a safe amount of time before they are returned to circulation
- Thorough cleaning of our reading room surfaces before/after each researcher/visitor
- All visits are limited to 90 minutes to allow time for cleaning between researchers
- Face masks are mandatory and to be worn properly at all times, without exception.
- Please note that we do not have a public washroom available.
Book Your Research Appointment
Please submit the following form to request a date and time for an in-person research appointment at Port Hope Archives. This form does not guarantee you an appointment- Archives staff will email or phone you to confirm your appointment. Please note that research appointments must be requested a minimum of 2 business days in advance- book early to avoid disappointment.